Friday 25 January 2008

Bloody Experts Everywhere

Last night myself and a friend, Alex, who also plays at Carbon decided to enter a $1000 Guaranteed Tourney. I started slowly but was beginning to pick up some momentum and chips when I had a full house beaten sending me tumbling out of the Tourney. Alex however managed to build a good chip lead and was progressing well when he was outdrawn to a much weaker hand which was a shame. Big up to Alex by the way, who despite being quite new to Poker, has managed some very good placings recently. In fact the night before he managed to get his first win in a reasonable tournament.

Today I have jumped into a few $5 tourneys and have been pleased to have made the money on one. Whilst it hasn't done much for my bankroll it is certainly building my confidence.

The second one was the most amazing I have seen. The guy that knocked me out played almost every hand and would go to the wire on bottom pair but consistently out drew people. One final hand I was holding AQ and I had A73 on the flop. The turn brought the Q and I had very few chips left so went all in. He called me with a pair of 7's and guess what the River brought for him. Absolutley unbelieveable. As I left the tourney he was top chip leader and consistently played complete garbage. Unbloody believable. Carlosxx13 I take my hat of to you for being so blessed.

The Third was a very solid game. I managed to get a few good hands early and took a reasonable lead, which I managed to maintain to the final table. I didnt blow it for a change and used my stack to bully wherever possible and caught a few solid hands too. Finally I got to heads up and managed to beat a very competent opponent to win $52.50. So the bankroll is growing nicely.

The only thing that has got to me in the last few hours is the number of bloody experts that play at the lower levels. It is strange that they are always the first to criticise a play, slag off a win and then be one of the first to tumble out of a tourney. I always try to just ignore them but one guy last night really got under my skin. I really need to work at just ignoring these people I guess.

If you play today be lucky.

P.S. If you have a minute spare please take some time to visit my friend John's blog at http://john2e.lastminuteliving.com/my_weblog/

No comments: