Monday 21 January 2008

A New Hope

Well I never thought this blog would ever get updated again. August since I last posted and that is mainly because I got so fed up with Net Poker that I didn't play for months. To start the New Year I decided to clear out all my accounts and put a couple of quid into one site.

For a couple of weeks CD Poker had my patronage. Rather than play the old Ring games that I used to I decided I would like to try tournaments and single table Sit and Go's. I have to be honest it has been going well. These types of game certainly seem to suit my play style more.

Yesterday was a real Red Letter Day. I decided that CD Poker wasn't the site for me and transferred it all to Carbon Poker, which is excellent. A few of my freinds have joined me and the fact that at any time they can be watching me has helped me focus a great deal. I tried a $25 buy in multi-table tournament last night for my first time ever. I relished the higher level of play and just hoped to get near to the final table as only the top 10 places carried any money. Early on I managed to take a reasonable position and much to my surprise I also managed to hold on to it. As it got closer to the final table I was pretty sure I would get knocked out but in fact managed to nail by biggest single win of $338 by coming second.

That has certainly boosted my bankroll and I am feeling very positive about playing at the moment.

Here's to more success later today.

Stay Lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done sir. Catch you later. :-).