Tuesday 5 February 2008

I Love Carbon Poker

I finally decided to try a tournament at PKR to see if the play standard was any better. Sadly it wasn't 4 people out in the first three or four minutes and some of the wildest play I have ever seen. After some deliberation I decided to withdraw my full balance and transfer it elsewhere.

I was tempted to put it into Carbon Poker but my balance is looking quite healthy there, so I will probably put it onto Poker Stars or maybe Full Tilt just to play during the quieter times on Carbon.

While waiting for my transfer to go through I thought I would have my first game on Carbon for over a week. I jumped into a $5.50 SnG 10 seat STT. After a very shaky start I finally found my way to the last 5 with one huge chip leader. I figured the best I would probably do was place in the money if I was careful. Eventually we were down to 3 and I had a reasonable stack, enough to sit back a bit and choose my hands. A friend started chatting to me on MSN and when I went back to the table we were down to two. I had about 3.5k against the chip lead of 11.5k. It wasn't looking good but refused to get drawn into marginal hands. Eventually I was given a pair of Q's and thought time to go. Put in a good bet only for the chip lead to come back over the top. Sod it I thought and went all in. He turned over AK and the flop came down AK8, oh bollocks. The turn brought a 5, still bollocks and the river brought the Q, trips woohoo.

That got me back into the game and within 5 mins I was at 14k, needless to say I made first. What a great return game. I am really looking forward to 5 days off coming up and getting back into Carbon.

Stay Lucky.

Update:

On the back of my previous win I decided I had enough time before work for one more 10 seat SnG. The only one I could find was a $2.20 buy in unfortunately. I had a very mediocre game and got to the bubble. It became one of the best games I have played in a long time, everyone was very even play wise and it went on for ages. Thanks fully I managed to snag another first place. All in all a very good day played 2 won 2.

No comments: